Voglio viaggiare per il mondo!

Saturday, January 06, 2007

My favorite dessert

Two months ago, I went to two formal dinners with my family on two consecutive days. Talk about too much good food. To my delight, the dessert on the second day happens to be my favorite - glutinous rice balls in red bean paste. Absolute heaven. Not that I know exactly what Heaven is like...yet. The sesame tang yuan in red bean paste at bedok central are FANTASTIC, in my opinion. I don't know any other stall that serves such good cantonese desserts/pastes. The yam paste with gingko nuts are good too. I've tried the sesame paste, almond paste and also the peanut paste. They also have different flavors of glutinous rice balls, but the best is still the sesame rice balls and red bean paste =)


Tang yuan in red bean paste

A few more posts coming up.. before school gets me really busy ;) been wanting to blog about the different eating places I've been to for quite some time. Perhaps I'll get down to the traveling part of this blog in summer..haha