Voglio viaggiare per il mondo!

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Baba King Nonya Deli

There's this nonya restaurant at Singapore Expo that I went to the other day with my parents. It's called Baba King. The owner is very friendly, giving me the impression that he wishes to network with his customers and trying to remember everyone who enters the place. Anyway, their sambal fish spaghetti should really be commended. It's really spicy (coming from me, it would be considered hot since my tolerance for spicy food is VERY HIGH). but its great. the sambal fish and italian noodles make such a great combi. the beef rendang spaghetti, on the other hand, pales in comparision. Both are priced @ $8.90, but while the pieces of fish were substantial, there were only 3-4 tiny pieces of beef rendang (which makes me wonder why the price is as such), although the rendang, I must admit, tasted quite good. We also had the chicken wrapped in Roti Jala, which is rather creative. Roti Jala is something like roti prata, a Malay/Indian pancake. However, Baba King's version is too starchy for me. The chicken can hardly be tasted too. For the price, it is not exactly a place to visit often. Perhaps once in awhile, when that craving for nonya delights surface =)


Beef Rendang Spaghetti


Roti Jala and Chap Chye