Voglio viaggiare per il mondo!

Friday, January 19, 2007

Day 3 - Mount Fuji

If there's one place you have to go in Japan, I guess it would be Mount Fuji. Honestly, I have no idea what the mountain really looks like, even though I went up to the fourth station. I'm not even sure if the fourth station is ON the mountain. Compared to Jungfraujoch in Switzerland, Mt Fuji has nothing much to offer. At the base of the mountain, however, was this crazy theme park called Fuji-Q Highland which has what looks like the scariest roller coasters in the world. If you are looking for thrill, this is the place. It has at least 5 REAL rides that will require you to throw your guts out. Later we took a ride on the Shinkansen a.k.a bullet train (can't really feel the speed when you're inside) and spent the night at Toyohashi city. Stayed at Nikko Toyohashi - my fav hotel of all. It's huge and there's a mall next to it. Awesome.


At Mount Fuji


Fuji-Q Madness


One of the few rides that we went on, not cheap cuz it was a pay-per-ride thing


Go-karting


This ride I went on called the Mad Mouse. I thought it was some stupid ride but when I got off I couldn't speak for 30secs.. haha.. there's a reason for the name


Yakiniku lunch at Fuji-Q


It's something like Yakitori..you dip the meat and veg into the sauce before bbq-ing or you can dip after it's cooked


one last look at the scary roller coaster which was under renovation that day


Shinkansen (bullet train)


Hamamatsu Station



Buffet dinner at Nikko Toyohashi..the blueberry mousse, mango mousse and japanese curry were good.


check out this Bentley outside Hotel Nikko!


still prefer the ford mustang '05, but this backside is hottt too ;)