Voglio viaggiare per il mondo!

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Adelaide - Day 9

OK! After receiving many requests for me to update my blog (rach you're not the only one haha).. here's a long overdued continuation of my OZ travel blog. Day 9! the first day that we returned from melb and I actually did some touristy things. Rach had class in the morning, so dear weiqin and lydea brought me to Glenelg first. Glenelg's this lovely beach in South Australia, and is comparable to the many beaches that you can find in the land down under like Bondi in Sydney and Gold Coast in Brisbane. The sand is really white and the beach is clean, unlike our local ECP and PRP. It was a really great feeling to just hang out at the beach in the morning and take in the sea breeze, despite it being winter. Anyhow, it's one of the few occasions where I get in touch with mother Earth. Era bellissima! Credi in Dio? when you experience nature, it's hard to ignore the presence of God and His work on this planet.














After strolling along the beach and the shops at Glenelg, we went to this chocolate place (yes, if you're wondering, of cuz i put on weight in OZ..which i've subsequently lost ;)) called Bracegirdles, according to rach.. haha truthfully. i cannot rem the name. gotta dig out the namecard that I have and i'll correct it if it's wrong. I tried one of their chocolates (1pc for AUD1.50). It wasnt mind blowing, but it was definitely good. We headed up to the second deck, got ourselves a nice table and ordered our stuff. I had white hot chocolate, sth that i had been craving for since I arrived in OZ. Lydea and Weiqin had the brownie and mudpie respectively. It was a fantastic chocolate lunch, to say the least. I think it was really in OZ where I developed a ridiculous love for the cocoa goodness. Coming back to Singapore, i've more or less lost the craving for it. Thank God, if not I'd have to gym more to make up for it.














Rach met us at the place and we went to Central Market while Lydea went to settle some school stuff. For all foodies, the central market in every country tells you what the place is truly like. It has everything that the locals eat, and you get to interact with the stall owners as well. It's where to get to experience the life of the country/city. We walked around and I was absorbing all the colours of the place - the fruits, the vegetables, etc. I've been hearing about central market all the time, since it's where the girls do their weekly grocery shopping. We also got Russian donuts at the discounted price of AUD1 - something that I had been planning strategically even b4 i left Singapore...cuz the stall only offers the donuts at this price just b4 the stall closes, so it's around 4:45pm thereabout..usually they cost AUD3 each ;) I bought a beef and onion, a spinach and cheese, and a jam one. Weiqin and I shared the beef and onion one on the spot. I tell you, it's my kinda thing.. here's why. mashed beef and onion in a goulash-y type of texture wrapped in deep fried flour. need i say more?

The rest of the day was spent soaking in the sights and sounds of Adelaide city, and finally enjoying the gorgeous sunset from Flinders University. What an awesome way to spend the end of my summer hols (in a winter climate)...and oh yea.. for dinner, I cooked! to the dismay of rach haha...i'm not exactly a very disciplined kinda person, so I mess up the diff knives and stuff. but yea ANW.. managed to whip up some sambal chicken fried rice to bring over to lydea's for dinner, accompanied with some great veg and stew that lydea prepared. cheers to good food, my lousy cooking and great company!