Voglio viaggiare per il mondo!

Thursday, May 17, 2007

"Zhi Char"

I can never understand why "zhi char" is so popular in Singapore. What is so great about hor fun, or fried rice? Ok, maybe ordering dishes to go with rice makes a satisfying meal, but other than that, I don't see the appeal. Nevertheless, a new stall just opened at Upper Changi Rd. Its along the way to Anglican High School, before Simpang Bedok. Didnt bother to take note of the name cuz I didnt think I'd blog about it. But for all zhi char fanatics, the fried bee hoon is rather tasty. The fried rice is too, but its too oily for me. Don't bother trying the sliced fish bee hoon. The soup is ridiculous, I cant decide if its too milky, or just plain weird. Oh, and dont patronise the place b4 12nn. They dont have anything - no tea, water not boiling yet, etc.